Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Evil Widget

OK, this whole winter is full of firsts. Cathi and I spent most of yesterday trying to place a "scrolling Widget" in my blog, and not just any widget, a Scrolling Sky Scrapper 3 Picture Widget. OMG is this for real? HTML, Java script, Widgets what the hell? The day before I tried to use the directions on a website, I clicked right , left, and stared at my computer for 5 hours until Betty explained to me I was just looking at a UTube tutorial video. I hadn't even gone into his website.(Aaarrgggg!!!!) Anyway...back to yesterday, Cathi picked me up and took me home with her to navigate this covert operation on her own computer. I watched in total awe as she moved through the sites with the skill of a Microsoft genius, and then, nothing. We couldn't get that beautiful Widget to go in my blog! It looks so good in hers http://www.thinklocal.blogspot.com/ I was so envious. So before she pulled out all of her hair, which by the way, she had been to the salon earlier that morning and it looked fabulous, we moved out to her art studio. We got down to business out there, building shelves, cleaning, basically making it a little more user friendly. Now this I could handle. Being a laborer, that's me. This computer stuff, not so much. Later last night we were on the phone for a couple hours trying again, (the frickin Widget thing) we actually got the widget in the blog, but of course it was at the top of the blog and nothing else was there, CRAP! Our brains were toast so we quit for the night. This morning I woke up with one mission in mind, the 'Evil' Widget. The house was absolutely quiet, except for the light haunting music of the Sponge Bob Theme. That's as deep as we get at 7:00am. I sat down at the computer, looked at all my notes, and dang it, I did it! Just a mere 7 hours later, I did it! Easy Peasy, just like that, There is a Scrolling Frickin' Widget in my blog. Whew, now that's like 20 hours of my life I'll never get back. Thanks to Cathi for teaching me not to be scared to do things, thanks to my parents for teaching me to finish a job, and thanks to the academy...(there is really not an academy) but there should be!!!! My wish for you is, "May all of your Widget's be where you need them to be". Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. We so totally deserve an award from the academy. Some academy. ANY FRICKIN ACADEMY will do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janelle.....I get the "Bumbling, Menopausal Fog Award"! I was looking in Etsy for your blog....duh....LOL. I will gladly award you, if I could remember where it is? I love seeing your thoughts of the day, it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy hearing about my spritual guru, Janelle. :) Luv ya lots, Loie

    ReplyDelete