Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOMS DAY!!!


It's MOTHERS day today! I would personally like extend a very hardy HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to every MOM I know. You are all wonderful and have the most important job in the UNIVERSE. I personally have the "WORLDS GREATEST MOM" and not just because I happen to know she reads my blog, But because she is COMPLETELY FABULOUS! She has always been there for me, always supportive, and most of the time she has been my only cheerleader. She taught me how to be a kind and loving person. Don't get me wrong, both of my parents excelled at raising us kids, but my MOM was on her own a lot when we were small, because DAD traveled for work. Basically I thought, and still do today, that she is a "SUPER HERO". She's as beautiful as a movie star, She could sing like an ANGEL, (She was in the professional singing group, The Escondido Oratorio, They cut a 45 vinyl record and everything!) She baked bread and her Carmel Rolls were honestly FOOD FOR THE GODS. She taught us morals and ethics and how to play Old Maid and Go Fish. She has always been magical, she could heal our broken hearts or a cut on our finger with a simple kiss to the forehead. But the one thing that proved she was 'ISIS' in blue jeans was her incredible talent for BLOWING BUBBLES. She'd always have BAZOOKA bubble gum in her pocket, and with the precision of a surgeon, she would carefully tear the piece in half and give us each our share. Then because she has the "Patience of a Saint" she taught us all, (even the neighbor kids) how to BLOW BUBBLES. Pretty pink BUBBLES, tiny snapper BUBBLES, big bruiser BUBBLES...We'd sit for hours chewing and striving to create the perfect BUBBLE. I'm thinking now that MOM was not only a SUPERHERO she was frickin' EINSTEIN! She kept us busy, so she could accomplish some of the zillions of chores she had to do during her day (washing, hanging, and ironing laundry, baking, cooking and cleaning, teaching, healing and loving, a family of 5) When I was a child, my MOM was the Perfect MOM. Now that I'm an adult and well into middle age, She is still the Perfect MOM. We talk every day, and I still need her support and cheerleaderism (if that's not a word, it should be!) Thinking about her makes me smile. Thank you MOM for being a SUPER HERO PARENT and my best friend. My wish today is that EVERYONE be wrapped safely in MOMS LOVE ( I'm happy to share, She has plenty of it to go around, she's a SUPER HERO for Gods sake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment